The US President will attempt to bring the production of US fuel back under US control by announcing a desire to cut American oil consumption by 20% by 2017 and increase alternatives to 7.5bn gallons by 2012 and 35bn gallons by 2017.
- Global warming on course for 2.9C, UN report warns
- What does China’s new methane plan mean for the climate?
- Explainer: What is COP28?
- Scientists say only transformational change will avoid environmental tipping points
- How climate change complicates China’s ‘battle for blue skies’
- Why did the Yunnan elephants trek so far north?