The US agriculture secretary, Ed Schafer, told reporters that increasing the production of corn ethanol is "the right policy direction". The subject was only briefly mentioned in the declaration from the UN summit in Rome. "We are convinced that in-depth studies are necessary to ensure that production and use of biofuels is sustainable," the declaration said.
- The current state of China’s electricity market
- Roundtable: The Belt and Road at 10
- China’s eco farmers innovate to cope with extreme weather
- As China’s carbon market turns two, how has it performed?
- Major study warns of growing threat from invasive species
- Local protectionism is slowing China’s energy transition