Position: Chinese language editor
Hours: Full time
Contract type: 12 months, with potential for extension/renewal
Start time: ASAP
Application deadline: 1st Feb 9am GMT. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis.
China Dialogue is seeking an editor to join our London office. The ideal candidate would have a keen attention to detail, outstanding editing skills in Chinese, and an interest in climate change and environmental issues. They would be proactive, highly organised and self-motivated, with relevant professional experience – in journalism, publishing or research – with excellent editing and writing in Chinese, excellent communications skills in English and an aptitude for digital technologies and web publishing.
The China Dialogue Trust disseminates high-quality information and promotes communication on the environment and climate change globally. We aim to inform and contribute to building equitable and constructive solutions to global environmental problems. We believe that this requires a common purpose across political, ideological and cultural boundaries. We foster that common purpose by providing our readers with independent and accurate information that may otherwise be difficult to access, and by facilitating tolerant and constructive dialogue.
About the role
The London-based Chinese-language editor will provide editorial support to the work of China Dialogue’s Climate and Environment China programme to advance communications on China’s climate and environmental issues. The editor will closely work with China Dialogue’s Climate and Environment China programme team to edit and commission articles, coordinate editorial planning and support the programme team to deliver other required outputs.
- Native-level Chinese speaker with a high professional command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent editing and writing skills with demonstrable evidence in journalism or publishing;
- A commitment to the work of China Dialogue Trust and a proven interest in environment and climate change issues;
- Familiarity with Chinese media landscape and political context;
- Experience in web publishing and use of CMS systems;
- Ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts;
- Strong internal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Editing and copy editing articles, reports and other formats of published content in Chinese;
- Coordinating translation of content and editing translated content;
- Coordinating editorial flows between international editorial teams;
- Providing editorial support and input to editorial projects when necessary;
- Helping to organise and facilitate China Dialogue roundtables, workshops, and other events when necessary.
How to apply:
Please send a CV with references and covering letter: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted in English.
The application deadline is 9am GMT, 1st February 2022. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis.