Why did drought-hit communities vote against Chile’s ‘ecological’ constitution?
- Global warming makes more heatwaves inevitable for East Asia
- Inflation Reduction Act is a turning point in US climate policy
- Roundtable: The implications of the US and China suspending climate cooperation
- Explainer: COP15, the biggest biodiversity conference in a decade
- China’s plan to clean up ‘new pollutants’
- China launches first national soil survey in 40 years
Some community members accuse Socfin of land-grabbing and pollution. We visited the company’s plantation in Malen to find out what’s happening beneath the palm fronds.
How the Amazon became a global hub for agricultural exports
In a new series, we trace the story of the Amazon since the 1970s, when Brazil’s military government promoted its occupation, attracting migrants to deforest and develop agricultureRead on Diálogo Chino
What Brazil’s elections could mean for relations with China
Analysts say agribusiness links are likely to continue to advance, but diplomacy may follow different paths depending on the winner of October’s presidential voteRead on Diálogo Chino
UN talks fail to finalise high seas biodiversity treaty
Despite an extra two-week negotiation session, countries ran out of time yet again, stalling over differences on sharing marine genetic resourcesRead on China Dialogue Ocean
Discover more projects from the China Dialogue Trust