- Opinion: As COP15 moves to Canada, China must become an active president
- China launches first national soil survey in 40 years
- China’s move to increase coal supplies won’t affect decarbonisation
- Will ‘reasonable’ handling of wildlife crimes lock in old problems?
- Bonn climate talks end with ‘almost empty pages’
- Belt and Road must align with Paris Agreement – government guidance
Some community members accuse Socfin of land-grabbing and pollution. We visited the company’s plantation in Malen to find out what’s happening beneath the palm fronds.
Uruguay-China FTA negotiations raise tensions over Mercosur’s future
The recent Mercosur summit revealed strains in the bloc. As Uruguay moves for a free trade agreement with China, other members discuss consequences and call for unityRead on Diálogo Chino
Shipping industry prepares for a future powered by sustainable fuels
Ammonia, methanol and hydrogen are being pursued as cleaner fuels to drive shipping’s decarbonisation. But barriers remain to their upscaling, with trade-offs to consider.Read on China Dialogue Ocean
Are offshore wind farms the future of energy in Latin America?
Colombia and Brazil target Latin America’s first offshore wind projects. Regulation and finance are needed to realise the region’s high potentialRead on Diálogo Chino
Elizabeth Mrema: ‘A lot still has to be done for a biodiversity agreement’
With COP15 looming, the executive secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity tells China Dialogue Ocean of the next steps for the new global agreement on biodiversityRead on China Dialogue Ocean
Discover more projects from the China Dialogue Trust