- Global warming on course for 2.9C, UN report warns
- What does China’s new methane plan mean for the climate?
- Explainer: What is COP28?
- Scientists say only transformational change will avoid environmental tipping points
- How climate change complicates China’s ‘battle for blue skies’
- Why did the Yunnan elephants trek so far north?
Petrobras looks to China for green partners – and more oil
Brazil’s state oil firm has signed deals with Chinese companies on clean energy and oil exploration. What does it mean for the country’s energy transition?Read on Diálogo Chino
Mining sand for cash in Sierra Leone is costing the environment
Economic hardship and weak regulation push young people into sand mining, with serious environmental consequencesRead on China Dialogue Ocean
Lessons from Hurricane Otis: ‘Disasters are socially constructed’
As recovery continues a month after Otis hit southern Mexico, climate scientist Marjory González warns of the need to prepare for increasing disaster risksRead on Diálogo Chino
‘It inspires people’: Experts call for larger role for ocean at climate talks
Scientists and campaigners are calling for the ocean to play a leading role in the political decisions made at COP28, and in national climate plansRead on China Dialogue Ocean
Discover more projects from the China Dialogue Trust